Waiting on Wednesday: Take Me On by Katie McGarry


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.



Take Me On
Pushing the Limits #4
by Katie McGarry
Coming May 27, 2014
Harlequin Teen


Summary:
Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor. Suddenly, Haley has to train West Young. All attitude, West is everything Haley promised herself she'd stay away from. Yet he won't last five seconds in the ring without her help.

West is keeping a big secret from Haley. About who he really is. But helping her-fighting for her-is a shot at redemption. Especially since it's his fault his family is falling apart. He can't change the past, but maybe he can change Haley's future.

Hayley and West have agreed to keep their relationship strictly in the ring. But as an unexpected bond forms between them and attraction mocks their best intentions, they'll face their darkest fears and discover love is worth fighting for.

Why I want it:
I met Katie last summer during Harlequin's Yeah YA! tour and immediately fell in love with her, even though at the time, I hadn't read Either of her books. After some time went by, i finally got to Pushing the Limits. And then I had to read Dare You To, then "Crossing the Line" and Crash Into You immediately after. Katie's books are so entertaining!  I was an insta-fan, and I definitely need more McGarry books in my life!

Why I think you should want it:
Not only can Katie write an incredible romance, she's phenomenal at tackling tough issues and sensitive subjects with great care. I don't feel like she's pushing an agenda (just limits, hardy har har), but rather, Katie's saying through her books that she understands the tough, the messy, the ugly parts of being a teenager. Also, the romance. Did I mention the romance? It's superb. Just....the best.  As a reader, I feel like I'm always asking, "I can haz make out scene nao?" and Katie's all: *writes best barn/car/pool table kissing scene evar*

Just so you know, Katie also just announced a full-length direct sequel to Pushing the Limits featuring Noah and Echo! It's titled Breaking the Rules, which will be out December 30 of this year. Congrats, Katie! Can I have that now or five minutes ago cause that would be great... ;) So that's my WoW pick for this week. What are you dying to read? Leave your choices and your links in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment