Waiting on Wednesday: The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


The Fine Art of Pretending
(Fine Art of Pretending #1)
by Rachel Harris
Coming September 2014
Spencer Hill


Summary:
According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

Why I want it:
I love Rachel Harris, and I love everything she writes. Period. Also, Rachel's been teasing her street team, the Flirt Squad, with snippets of this book for months, and I am heavy with WANT. Dear Spencer Hill, PLEASE stop torturing me by forcing me to wait until September! I can haz book nao kplzthx?

Why I think you should want it:
This book is sooooo good! I haven't read it in its entirety, but from the teasers, I can tell you it's incredible. Aly and Brandon have really great chemistry, and the scenes I have read are "roll on the floor and cry and clutch your sides because they hurt from all the hysterical laughter" funny. Rachel's books are the YA equivalent of teen movies like Easy A, She's the Man, and Mean Girls: the perfect mix of realistic and relatable characters, rich relationships, sweet-and-sexy romance, and borderline ridiciulous teenage shenanigans that will have you begging for more. I know I was the first time I ever read one of Rachel's books, and that's how I ended up on her street team. Rachel is incredibly talented, and she's perpetually on my MUST READ NOW shelf. I honestly cannot recommend her enough.

That's my pick, and I'm stickin' to it! What are you waiting on this week? Leave your thoughts & WoW links in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Totally and completely honored by your words, Mary. Thank you so much. For your support, love, and for seeing my writing that way. That pretty much describes exactly the sort of books I love to read and strive to provide. Your comment blessed me xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEP! I so want this book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of the book and the cover :) It sounds like it's going to be great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Harris is very mean cause she's always posting teasers but at the same time I love her for that... Makes you crave to get your hands on the book...

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such an adorable book!!!! The cover is certainly that :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't generally go for contemporary but this sounds adorable. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete