Monthly wrap-up: May 2014

May was an okay month, but I'm hoping June is going to be much better!

Looking back...
List of May reads

Meg Cabot - Pants on Fire audiobook
Eoin Colfer - The Supernaturalist audiobook
Debra Driza - "Origins: The Fire" (Mila 2.0 #0.5)
                    - Mila 2.0 (Mila 2.0 #1)
                    - Renegade (Mila 2.0 #2)
Gayloe Forman - "Just One Night" (Just One Day #2.5)
Emily Giffin - Something Borrowed (Rachel & Darcy #1) audiobook
Emma Hart - Late Call (Call #1)
Sophie Jordan - Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1)
                       - Tease (Ivy Chronicles #2)
Lindsey Leavitt - The Chapel Wars
Richelle Mead - Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X #1) audiobook
                       - The Immortal Crown (Age of X #2)
Kristin Rae - Wish You Were Italian
Laini Taylor - Lips Touch: Three Times audiobook


Looking ahead...
June releases I'm excited about:
Ruin & Rising - Leigh Bardugo
#scandal - Sarah Ockler
Say What You Will - Cammie McGovern
Fan Art - Sarah Tregay
17 First Kisses - Rachael Allen
The Things You Kiss Goodbye - Leslie Connor
Just Like the Movies - Kelly Fiore

June TBR:
Once again, I missed all the ones I wanted to read in May so my June will look like this:
The Forever Song - Julie Kagawa
Dreams of Gods & Monsters - Laini Taylor
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
In the Shadows - Jim di Bartolo & Kiersten White
What I Thought Was True - Huntley Fitzpatrick
Noggin - Corey Whaley
The Treatment - Suzanne Young
City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
The Burning Sky & The Perilous Sea - Sherry Thomas
Take Me On - Katie McGarry
Black Ice - Becca Fitzpatrick
This Shattered World - Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Audio TBR:
Divergent - Veronica Roth
Insurgent - Veronica Roth
City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare
Anna & the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
Something Blue - Emily Giffin

Resolution Progress:
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but I'm just going to gloss over these really quickly.
1. Post more reviews: *headdesk*
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: This is going to continue to be on the backburner until I can get a grip on the books I'm reading now, rather than the ones I read a while back.
3. Read 150 books: 72, according to Goodreads
4. Reread 20 books: I think I hit 21
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: 19!
6. Read 5 classics: *le sigh* none yet 
7. Blog redesign: Again, this is on pause. I'm aiming for August
8. Make more blogger friends: Yes! This was a good month for friends.
9. Read at the gym: This isn't happening right now with the bum leg, but we'll see about when it heals.
10. Be more organized: Lol, this is a riot of a resolution.

Challenge Progress:
I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:

2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 8/15. Halfway there!
Series Challenge: 23/12 COMPLETED!
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 23/25 I'm working on actually getting the reviews done & will definitely be increasing my goal. I want that good percentage!
Real Book Challenge: 32 of 21-3 COMPLETED! Time to increase that goal!
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12 Need to catch back up this month.
TBR Pile Challenge: 31 of 31-40. Will probably increase this one soon.
A-Z Challenge: 9/26

NEW CHALLENGES:
Summer Reads 2014 hosted by My Heart Hearts Books
Quarterly Challenge #14 hosted by the Young Adult Book Club on Goodreads

Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 33/52
50 Countries Challenge: 20/50
YA Challenge: 8/25


2 comments:

  1. How was Lips Touch: Three Times? I have it on my wishlist, I'd like to get the hardback for the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I cannot wait to read Ruin and Rising. I have a feeling I need to re-read that series first though. So little time!!

    ReplyDelete