Weekly wrap-up: September 14-20

I didn't do a ton of reading this week for various and sundry reasons, one of which being seeing an early screening of The Maze Runner, but I really enjoyed what I did read. Also, I managed to contain my book buying, which is always a bit shocking when I manage it. What are you reading?

Completed:
Wild (Ivy Chronicles #3) - Sophie Jordan: 5 stars. I first read one of Sophie's books back in February and loved it. It led me to more of her books and sparked what has become a great friendship. The Ivy Chronicles is an amazing realistic series that is equal amounts fun and serious, sweet and sexy, jaded and innocent. I love these characters and their stories, and honestly, I want more (SOPHIE WRITE HUNTER'S FULL STORY PLZ!!!), but this is also a perfect ending for the series. The good thing about series finales is...the authors we love are then free to write more beautiful and perfect stories, and honestly, I'm already excited for what Sophie has next.
Remember Me (Find Me #2) - Romily Bernard: 4 stars. This middle book does a great job of being its own book, containing its own individual story, while building the overall series arc. Also, I LOVE one of the new characters. Like, seriously, I love him. Full review here.

Reread:
Fire (Graceling Realm #2) audiobook - Kristin Cashore & Xanthe Elbrick: 5 stars. I know plenty of people prefer Graceling and Bitterblue over Fire, but I really loved this novel, and the audiobook only made me love it more. I love how an audiobook brings out subtleties that I don't notice when actually reading a novel!

Currently Reading:
Let's Get Lost - Adi Alsaid: I'm really liking this!
Ella Enchanted audiobook - Gail Carson Levine: I watched the movie on Netflix and got the BIGGEST craving to reread it.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
After The End - Amy Plum
The Art of Lainey - Paula Stokes
Biggest Flirts - Jennifer Echols
Earthquake - Aprilynne Pike
Silver Shadows - Richelle Mead
On the Fence - Kasie West
Ella Enchanted audiobook - Gail Carson Levine
Leviathan audiobook - Scott Westerfeld
Behemoth audiobook - Scott Westerfeld
Goliath autdiobook - Scott Westerfeld

I know, I know what you're thinking. Just last week I said I was cutting down on my library borrowing. HOWEVER, most of these books I've either already read or I've already got a copy. I do this weird thing where I like to check out books by authors I love, even if I already have a copy. Helping to circulate your library's books is actually a really good way to encourage your library to keep buying those authors' books, which means those authors sell more books which means publishers buy more contracts which means authors write more books. Basically EVERYBODY WINS!

Bought:
Kindle:
Elevated - Elana Johnson

Half Price Books:
My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick


No comments:

Post a Comment